It is always a good idea to try to work things out with your lawyer informally. If that does not work, you may file a Request for Fee Arbitration with the Allen County Bar Association or a grievance with the Indiana Supreme Court Disciplinary Commission.

Fee Disputes

The Allen County Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee can help clients and lawyers resolve differences concerning legal fees. The committee may appoint a panel of attorneys to investigate your complaint. Download and print the Request for Fee Arbitration or you may call the ACBA office at (260)423-2359 to have the form mailed to you.

Download the Request for Fee Arbitration form by clicking here.


If your complaint is about an attorney’s conduct, you may file a complaint with the Disciplinary Commission. More information about the grievance process and the form for filing a grievance are available on the Commission’s website or you may call the Commission at (317) 232-1807.

Complaints against judges are handled by the Indiana Commission on Judicial Qualifications, which investigates complaints alleging judicial ethical misconduct, prosecutes violations of the Code of Judicial Conduct when warranted, and advises judges and judicial candidates about their ethical obligations. The Commission does not review legal error or disputes about the merits of a judge’s decision. For more information about filing a complaint against a judge, please visit the Judicial Qualifications Commission website.